Sunday, April 24, 2005

Festival of Books - Mystery Dawg Edition!

Here is my report from Saturday's Los Angeles Times Festival of Books. I had a great time and managed not to get sunburned after 8 hours of walking around the UCLA campus. I had a great time meeting up with old friends and making a few new ones. So, without further what ever.....

The only fitting way to start the day is to have a healthy breakfast at the Mystery Bookstore table. As you can see brothers and authors Tod and Lee Goldberg have a tasty snack.


Next I walked over to Bookem' Mystery's tent. I ran into Gary Phillips there, but more later...


Then down to the far end of the walkway. past all the food tents, to San Diego's own Mysterous Galaxy.


I then made my way back after running into Robert Crais, to the Boarder's Tent to speak with hot new novelist Peter Craig (on the right). Grab a copy of Blood Father to see what I'm talking about.


I then meandered across the aile to the Los Angeles chapter of Sisters in Crime. Sitting on the right is Paula Woods, then Barbara Seranella and Denise Hamilton is standing.


Denise is in the process of explaining something important, but after not having breakfast, my brain was on awe mood for most of the morning.


This pic speaks for itself. This was home base for most of the day.


Here is Lee Goldberg and Scott Frost who are talking to Harley Kozak


Seat here is Brad Geagly and Tod Goldberg.


At the request of Lee....Tod, Lee and Harley. Yes, Lee, I will send you a copy!


Here is Craig Johnson (THE COLD DISH) and Leslie Klinger (THE NEW ANNOTATED SHERLOCK HOLMES: The Complete Short Stories)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger