Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Yosemite Pics or What I Did On My Summer Vacation




You remember the first few days of school when your teacher would ask you to write an essay of a journal entry about what you did over the summer. Well, since I should practice what I preach, here is a pictorial version of my summer vacation in Yosemite. Mind you, I picked the hottest week to be there with the average temperature being 101 degrees. This is about 20 degrees higher than normal, but what else is new......

Here is the river in Chanalla falls in Wawona that I sat in most days reading books and manuscripts while supervising three teenage boys.



Here is Bridalvail falls. We were up at 5:30 AM to drive into the valley to see the sights. I can't begin to describe the sheer beauty of the park at this our. Only three of us made this trip - Bridget, our 3 year old, Tina and I hiked back to the viewing area.





Here we are in front of Yosemite Falls.




Here is a better view of Yosemite Falls....



Next, is a picture of Half Dome....

The boys went on a night hike during the Full Moon and were able to see the climbers on the rock. Apparently the average climb is over three days, so climbers sleep attached to the front face of the mountain.


and finally, the whole Dawg Gang back at the home camp....

1 Comments:

Blogger mybillcrider said...

Great photos, Aldo. I need to go to Yosemite someday. I hope Yosemite Sam is there when I do.

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger