Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Walter Mosley

I'm off to see Walter Mosley and get some of my back stock signed. Pictures at 11 PM (PST).

I liked Man in the Basement, but what I really want to read is the next installment of EZ Rawlins.

UPDATE:

Here are a few pixs from tonight's signing at Vromans in Pasadena.




Mosley read from his new book Little Scarlet for about 30 minutes. He then answered questions from the crowd of about 200. He mentioned that this week he was awarded an honorary Doctor of Laws degree along with Bill Clinton from City College of New York. The following are pictures from their website:



He has two new books coming out next year. 47 is a historical from the mid 1800's with a science fiction bend to it and Cinnamon Kiss will be the next Rawlins novel.

Mr. Mosley had some interesting comments on becoming a writer. When a woman from the audience asked how to go about writing, he told her to write everyday for 30 minutes to 3 hours. Review the work in about a year. When asked if he speaks to high school students, he answered NO. "They don't like me when I tells them you don't need to read to be a good writer, you just need to write!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read White Butterfly a few weeks ago. Excellent. It's a "Black Dahlia" with resolution. Wonderful stuff ... --Charlie Stella

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger