Friday, June 18, 2004

The Master - James Lee Burke

Hi all,

What a way to start the Father's Day weekend. Today James Lee Burke was reading and signing his new book In the Moon of Red Ponies at Mysteries To Die For.

This book brings back Billy Bob Holland, who was last seen in Bitterroot. There were about 50 people there (at a 2:30 PM signing on a Friday afternoon, incredible!!) to meet and here Burke read. I'can't remember much of the questions that were asked because I was so caught up in him reading his book. He is one of the few authors who can read a book out loud and you enter a trance and loose yourself listening to his words.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave White said...

I've read a lot of Burke's books, but don't any more, they're very dense and well described, but I have to be in the right mood and so I haven't read him recently. However, my favorite of his descriptions has to do with him describing raindrops like exploding buck shot on a lake.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wignall said...

Aldo, tried to reply to your email but it bounced back twice. In short, whenever I get out to the West Coast, the Calcagno family will be part of whatever I'm part of (well, within reason, and age limits permitting!).
Thanks for ongoing support.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger